Many producers and synthesizer enthusiasts asked for a full-blown Waldorf Synthesizer for their virtual rack.
Largo is the first pure software synthesizer with Waldorf DNA. And again – it is the cutting edge sound that makes the big difference.
No wonder, as Largo mirrors the technology used in Blofeld and Q hardware synthesizers. As for every Waldorf instrument, ergonomics are a core feature on screen as well. Your eyes will be pleased with a clearly structured, graphical user interface that supports your workflow intuitively. Largo offers three fat oscillators, two of them with sub oscillators. These oscillators include models of classic analog waveforms as well as a selection of waves from the PPG and Waldorf Wave stored in two Wavetables. All these run through two Waldorf multimode filters with steep cutoff, resonance up to self-oscillation and a drive stage to add even more punch and grainyness to the sound. Ultra-fast envelope generators and flexible LFOs as well as an easy to understand, yet extremely versatile modulation matrix make for a sound designer´s dream. The filters have always been a core part of any Waldorf instrument. With outstanding expertise in both analog and digital synthesis, our developers took utmost care in developing the filters. And you can hear a significant difference when working with a Waldorf filter - they just sound right! Use the comb filters for plucked, stringed or blown sounds. Band pass, high pass, low pass and notch filters are all available with 12 dB and 24 dB slope. All of them sound extremely accurate and add pure sonic quality to the sound of your music. Largo contains a flexible arpeggiator with 16 freely programmable steps as known from the exclusive Q synthesizer line plus an array of high quality effects such as Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Overdrive, Delay and Reverb. The clearly arranged user interface helps you to create your own powerful synthesizer sounds in a breeze. Oscillators and filters are always in direct access while the submodules are only a mouse click away. It has the same exclusive voice architecture as the Q and Blofeld synthesizer line, fully integrated into the total recall system of your Digital Audio Workstation.
• up to 256 voices per instance
(depending on available CPU power)
• up to 4 layers per sound
• 4 stereo outputs (alternatively 1 stereo sum)
• host automation of almost all parameters
• MIDI Controller automation of the most important parameters
• 5 Oscillators (3 main, 2 sub)
• Virtual Analog Oscillator Models
• Frequency Modulation between Oscillators and Noise Generator
• Oscillator Synchronization
• Ring Modulation
• Noise Generator with Noise Colour
• 2 independent Multi Mode Filters
• Low, Band, High Pass, Notch, each 24 dB / 12 dB, Comb filter types
• Filter FM
• 2 Drive Stages per voice with adjustable Drive Gain and selectable Curves
• 16 x Modulation Matrix plus prerouted Modulations
• 4 Modifiers for transforming Modulation Sources with various Algorithms
• 3 fast LFOs, syncable to MIDI Clock
• 4 fast Envelopes with selectable types
• Poly, Mono, Dual or Unisono Mode with selectable Voice Count
• powerful Arpeggiator, freely programmable Pattern with up to 16 Steps
• 1 Effect slot per layer
• 1 global Effect slot for all layers
• Effect Types Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Overdrive, Delay, Reverb
VST 2.0 compatible host application that supports virtual instruments
AudioUnit 2.0 compatible host application that supports AudioUnit Instruments
Macintosh equipped according to the specifications of the host software
An internet connection on any computer is required to authorize / activate the product (Challenge/Response).