Instruments from China, Persia and India. All instruments featured in SILK are multi-sampled with extreme attention to detail offering the maximum in expression. Quantum Leap SILK contains extensive articulations, interval sampling (where appropriate), round robin (alternate samples), legato scripting, and phrases to give the feeling of smooth effortless performance - like silk. Each musician recorded for SILK is a master of his instrument, providing the best and most accurate sound available. SILK also allows users to adapt the instruments using dozens of useful micro tunings in the key of their choice. This microtuning system is the first of it´s kind, and is a true breakthrough for PLAY.
** License only
When ordering "license only" just the serial number for activation will be delivered. Please order only if you have any access to the library content!
"Intended as an extension of Quantum Leap RA, Quantum Leap SILK looks to give users access to rare instruments from across Asia played masterfully by renowned artists," says QUANTUM LEAP Producer Nick Phoenix. "Extensive scripting is employed in SILK along with our PLAY 64-bit (with 32-bit capability) sample engine, offering composers a lot of control over the end result. PLAY´s scripting, microtuning and convolution reverb are a powerful combination, making it an unparalled interface for these sounds. SILK is revolutionary in that the microtuning and scales actually teach users how to employ these sounds in an authentic way."
* Incredibly detailed Silk Road instruments from China, Persia and India. The most ambitious ethnic instrument ever created
* 25 gig instrument: 20 gigs of multi-samples and 5 gigs of authentic performances
* Recorded legato intervals for erhu, zhonghu, jinhu, electric cello, kemenche, duduk, 30 piece string section, dilruba, bansuri
* Master musicians recorded at East West Studios and Capitol Studios, using vintage Neumann microphones, Neve consoles and Meitner converters
* New PLAY 32 bit/64 bit interface features state of the art convolution reverb, scripting and new revolutionary micro-tuning system
Instruments from Persia
# Electric Cello (bowed string)
# Kemenche (bowed string)
# Nay (wind)
# Duduk (wind)
# Tar (string)
# Qanun (string)
# 30 piece string section (bowed string)
Instruments from China
# Erhu (bowed string)
# Zhonghu (bowed string)
# Jinhu (bowed string)
# Pipa (string)
# Guzheng (string)
# Yangqin (string)
# Sheng (accordion)
# Suona low (brass)
# Suona high (brass)
# Dizi low (wind)
# Dizi hi (wind)
# Xiao (wind)
# Bawu (wind)
Instruments from India
# Dilruba (bowed string)
# Sarod (string)
# Tanpura (string)
# Bansuri (wind)
* User interface custom designed for each virtual instrument, including only the controls needed.
* 64-bit support** allows you to load many more instruments and voices, limited only by your system RAM.
* Easy to use browser displays all of your instruments. Interface automatically changes to display current instrument.
* Articulation list shows all expressions within the instrument. No need to look up key-switches.
* Real time performance analysis detects legato and repetitive playing and responds accordingly.
* Stereo handling allows swapping left and right channels, mono from left, mono from right, or mono sum.
* Load, unload, mix, pan, mute mic positions with built-in mic mixer (Pianos, Symphonic Orchestra, Symphonic Choirs).
* The best sounding and most powerful effects engine available, including impulse response reverb, filters, and specialized effects such as Artificial Double Tracking (ADT).
* Highest quality resampling engine.
* Custom engine allows us to design instruments without compromise.
* Easy authorization system puts licenses on hardware iLok, allowing you to take your software on any computer.
* Natively supported in all major hosts on all major operating systems - PLAY no matter what your platform.
* More native support than any other plug-in.
* Load as many instruments as your computer can handle in one application.
|Video: PLAY Enhancements|
This library includes "PLAY 2" as a Sample-Player already
Minimum Requirements for Mac
Recommended Mac System
Minimum Requirements for PC
Recommended PC System
INCLUDED FOR BOTH PC & MAC:
- 32-bit standalone and plug-in versions included.
- 64-bit PC VST (host must support 64-bit VST plugins) and standalone versions included.
- Check the following compatibility chart for availability of other 64-bit versions and updates.
- WIN: VST™, ASIO™, DirectSound™,RTAS
- MAC: VST™, Audio Units™, Core Audio™,RTAS
All included instruments, information and specifications are subject to change without notice.
This Instrument requires an iLok Key!
This USB protection device is not included in the box of this collection, it is a separate item you have to buy additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one iLok Key with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. If you already own another iLok protection device you can use it for this instrument, too. Each iLok dongle can store up to 100 product licenses, the new iLok2 even up to 500 licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer and a free user-accout at www.ilok.com is required to authorize the product.