What is CINEMATIC GUITARS?
Sample Logic´s award-winning team presents a powerful collection of morphed guitar instruments harnessed in a remarkably adaptable “core effects sequencer” engine powered by the Native Instruments Kontakt Player.
Derived entirely from true electric and acoustic guitar recordings by guitar guru Steve Ouimette (known for his work on the Guitar Hero franchise) this library is not a traditional guitar sample library, rather, it is an extensive collection of atmospheres, instrumentals, and percussives unlike any ever heard before. Taking it one step further, Cinematic Guitars gives users the power to create and manipulate custom instruments using the first ever "core effects sequencer" designed by Sample Logic and built into the Kontakt engine.
This library is all encompassing, exploring infinite timbres and emotions through its unprecedented collection of over 1000 instruments and multis, starting with bizarre, dark, euphoric, spiritual, electronic sounds and going far beyond.
CINEMATIC GUITARS is geared for film, TV, game, and electronic composers.
Creating CINEMATIC GUITARS
Sample Logic teamed up with renowned guitarist Steve Ouimette to record a wide spectrum of guitars including steel, nylon, electric guitars and a variety of other rare stringed instruments. We dug deep into Steve´s imagination and vast collection of guitar effect boxes and amp gear to capture some of the most unique and original sounds possible. Everything from bowing, scratching, and mutilation, to gentile somber gestures and effects. From there, Sample Logic manipulated and molded these superior sounds into a master suite of jaw-dropping instruments and multis using various morphing techniques and the real-time Cinematic Guitars "core effects sequencer". Rest assured, no guitars were burned during the creation of this product!
What’s under the hood?
• Over 1,000 instruments and multis recorded and processed at 48k/24 bit, delivered at 44.1k/24-bit
• 9 GB sample library (uncompressed)
• 5.8 GB via Kontakt´s lossless sample storage compression
• NI Kontakt Player 4 with native 64-bit support
• Atmosphere/ambient soundscapes and stinger construction kits
• Morphed guitars, synths, and pads
• Melodic and percussive tempo-synced loops
• Melodic and percussive arpeggiated/gated instruments
• Percussive impacts, big hit ensembles, and kits
• Swipes, scrapes, and reverse transitional effects
• Performance-ready multis (playable interactive preset templates made from multiple instruments)
• Over 100 score-ready multis
Additional multis included in Cinematic Guitars were created by award-winning composers:
• Bill Brown (CSI NY, Wolfenstein [VG], Rainbow Six [VG], Ghost Recon [VG])
• Jesper Kyd (Assassins Creed I & II [VG], Unreal Tournament [VG], Splinter Cell [VG])
• Trevor Morris (The Tutors, The Hills Have Eyes II, Pirates Of The Caribbean II, Stealth, The Island)
• Dean Ogden (Hit List, The Way Home, Surrogates, The Sensei)
• Atli Örvarsson (Vantage Point, Babylon AD, The Fourth Kind)
• Chad Seiter (Fringe Season 1, LucasArts´ Fracture, LOST: Via Domus, UP [VG])
• Steve Tavaglione – Performer & Sound Designer (CSI: Las Vegas & New York, Finding Nemo, Wall-E, Revolutionary Road)
CINEMATIC GUITARS’ scripted sound-sculpting interface inspires creativity, giving users unprecedented control achieved through Native Instruments´ Kontakt Player. With 13 unique windows of more than 60 onscreen effects and performance parameters (each with it’s own "core effects sequencer"), morphing the instruments and automating effects has never been easier. Each effect can be controlled by its own tempo-synced "core effect sequencer" simultaneously and in real time.
CINEMATIC GUITARS "blurs the line between music & sound design." ™
|Multis in action|
|Dissecting the interface|
|Behind the scenes|
NI Kontakt Player 4 included in this product!
The latest version of Kontakt Player is available through your Native-Instruments Service Center.
Note on Support for KONTAKT Player products:
Native Instruments only provides Registration/Activation support for KONTAKT Player products. Technical support is managed by the manufacturer of the respective products/libraries.
An internet connection on any computer is required to authorize / activate the product (Challenge/Response).
Q: Can I use the included Kontakt Player for playing other libraries in Kontakt format (.nki plus .wav files)?
A: No, they only work in a 15 minutes demo mode
Q: When trying to "Add Library" my Kontakt shows a message "No Library found"
A: Then this is not a protected Kontakt library, but an open Kontakt format. You can find additional hints for Kontakt Libraries in that Sounds & Gear Video