Presenting $40,000 of the finest acoustic guitars, sampled in glorious high definition 24-bit 96kHz stereo, now available in this premium three-DVD, 19 gigabyte collection from Vir2 Instruments. This broad collection of acoustic guitars is sampled in the finest detail in a variety of playing styles, including picked notes, finger picked notes, natural and artificial harmonics, harmonic chords, mutes, chords, release layers, and even fret noise sampled for each guitar. You´ll find several different steel string guitars, nylon strings, twelve strings, acoustic bass, as well as a bonus folder featuring mandolin, ukulele, and banjo. Acoustic Legends HD features the world´s best guitars from McPherson, Taylor, Gibson, Martin, and other manufacturers.
Also included are numerous bonus patches of special effects, doubled guitars, and more. Acoustic Legends HD also features chord banks containing twelve different chord types in varying positions, with multiple velocity layers and multiple takes per layer, and with both up-strokes and down-strokes, making it simple to create fully authentic rhythm guitar parts. Experience legendary acoustic guitars, sampled in gorgeous detail and now available in one exquisite virtual instrument.
The onscreen interface allows for control over some of the most important aspects of the guitars´ sound.
The controls in the upper part of the interface offer access to audio outputs, MIDI channel input, polyphony, as well as standard solo, mute, tune, pan, and volume controls. Below that is an interface specifically designed for and tailored to the Acoustic Legends HD library. The configuration of these knobs varies slightly from instrument to instrument. The top row offers an optimized EQ module allowing you to use a low and/or high shelf, as well as a mid control. A standard reverb module is also offered, with level and size controls to customize the sound, as is a stereo width knob. Other knobs and displays vary by instrument. Instruments that utilize fret noise and release layers feature specific knobs allowing you to control their levels or switch them off entirely. Chord banks offer a capo knob, giving you an instant virtual capo over your rhythm guitar playing. Chord banks that utilize keyswitching also feature an on-screen display (seen above) which show which chord layer is active at any given time. Acoustic Legends HD may be used multitimbrally; multiple instruments can be loaded at once and sequenced either independently or simultaneously depending on how the user sets up the MIDI channels.
- 19 gigabytes of acoustic guitars
- 24-bit, 96kHz samples, utilizing the finest in high-end microphones and preamps, sampled in thorough detail including release layers, fret noise, finger noise, and more
- Numerous articulations and styles of playing, including finger picked, plastic picked, harmonics, harmonic chords, mutes, single notes, and chord banks
- Massive chord instruments, sampled by both 6-string and 12-string guitars, featuring 12 different chord types, optional capo control. down- and up-strokes, mute strums, body knocks, making it possible to create authentic rhythm guitar strumming patterns
- Multiple and contrasting guitars sampled within each folder, including 2 different nylon-stringed guitars, 7 different steel- stringed guitars, 2 different twelve-stringed guitars, etc.
- Variation patches for each guitar, including delays, phasers, choruses, flangers, compressors, and unusual effects
- Bonus content including acoustic bass, banjo, mandolin (single notes, chords, and tremolo), ukulele (single notes and chords), and guitar effects (body knocks, fret noise)
- Bonus special effects content featuring dozens of unusual sound design patches, based upon the sample sets of the acoustic guitars but warped in unique and musically distinct ways
- Optimized onscreen EQ controls
- Easy-to-use built-in reverb module and stereo width control
- Remote control of various sonic parameters available via MIDI CC
- Multitimbral operation, supporting up to 64 simultaneous instruments (subject to RAM availability), receiving up to 64 MIDI channels (16 in plug-in mode)
- Kontakt Player 2 engine, supporting standalone operation as well as plug-in operation in all major hosts that support AudioUnit, VST, RTAS, or DXi plug-ins
- Special upgrade pricing to the full version of Kontakt 2, which allows for fuller editing of the instruments
NI Kontakt Player 2 is included in this product!
Free hard drive space - depending on the regarding library content.
You can use this library with the free Kontakt Player 4 (or higher) which is compatible to all actual operating systems and interfaces on Mac & PC
Note on Support for KONTAKT Player products:
Native Instruments only provides Registration/Activation support for KONTAKT Player products. Technical support is managed by the manufacturer of the respective products/libraries.
An internet connection on any computer is required to authorize / activate the product (Challenge/Response).
Q: Can I use the included Kontakt Player for playing other libraries in Kontakt format (.nki plus .wav files)?
A: No, they only work in a 15 minutes demo mode
Q: When trying to "Add Library" my Kontakt shows a message "No Library found"
A: Then this is not a protected Kontakt library, but an open Kontakt format. You can find additional hints for Kontakt Libraries in that Sounds & Gear Video