TAIKO 2 is a multi-sample library of Japanese drums capable of an extensive range of sounds and impacts. By combining theatre recordings with intricate programming, inspirational patches and MIDI performance files, TAIKO 2 offers composers a unique set of tools for creating compelling drum performances.
The all-new recordings for TAIKO 2 combine depth of sampling and sound with an easy-to-use, customizable, fun and inspirational experience. This is how it breaks down:
Depth: Every drum, rim and stick hit feature 100 samples spread across 10 velocity ranges with 10 alternating hits (a.k.a. 10x10 round robin). The full range of a taiko ensemble’s detail and tonal color is available with over 30 different drums, 14 rims, and 14 stick types recorded in solo and/or ensemble settings.
Ease-of-use: With a focus on providing the maximum range of sounds within a minimum amount of patches, honing in on what is needed is quick and intuitive.
The core patches are organized into “kits”, allowing for complete and colossal drum compositions from a single patch and MIDI track (including bonus gongs, cymbals, steel hits and vocals).
And once a part is composed, simply change to another kit for an entirely new sound!
Customize: Dialing in new sounds is simple with the innovative EQ DNA menu, custom reverb selections and other effect and mix controls directly on the interface.
After tweaking, settings can be saved directly to a preset list within the interface for later use – or to quickly compare to other settings within the same patch!
Fun: Load a patch, mash some notes on the keyboard and listen to the army of drummers perform at command. No keyswitches, no bizarre mappings – just pound and go.
Inspirational: TAIKO 2 is capable of creating performances ranging from subtle and nuanced to ethereal and majestic, to over-the-top huge and powerful.
When additional inspiration is needed, there are 20 ensemble MIDI file performances covering a range of tempos, time signatures and styles. Pair these with any of the ten custom presets in each patch to complete the spark.
- Over 11,500 samples in 44.1kHz/24 bit and 20 Kontakt 4/5 patches.
- The library requires a full retail version of Kontakt 18.104.22.16814 or higher. The free Kontakt Player will not work with this collection.
- Samples were captured from both close and front-of-stage microphone positions with patches available for both.
- TAIKO 2 features recordings of 13 solo drums, four drum ensembles (using four or five drums at a time), ten rim and stick types (each), and four ensemble rim and stick recordings (each). Please refer to the Read Me for a list of drum types.
- Ten EQ DNA selections allow for quick changes of the drums’ sound and location by flipping through a menu on the interface.
- The user interface provides a pull down menu of 10 custom presets in each patch. The ability to save user presets directly into the patch is also provided for.
- Additional interface controls include: mix and pan for every drum/articulation, convolution reverb (with 16 custom IR .wavs), saturation, stereo width, low and high pass filters, low, mid and high EQ gain, patch gain and attack slider.
This Product does not include a "Kontakt Player" license/serial number!
A full version of Native Instruments "Kontakt" is required for unlimited functionality!
Please notice: With the free Kontakt Player you can play this library in demo/test mode only!
Additionally you have full access to the included WAV or AIF files.
Q: Can I use the FREE Kontakt Player for playing libraries in "Kontakt format"?
A: No! All "open Kontakt format" libraries require a full version of "Kontakt" sampler. The FREE Player can play the sounds in demo/test mode only. All libraries including a Kontakt Player license show the format "Virtual Instrument incl. Player" on our web site!
Q: When trying to "Add Library" my Kontakt shows a message "No Library found"
A: Then this is not a protected Kontakt library, but an open Kontakt format. You can find additional hints for Kontakt Libraries in that Sounds & Gear Video